HISTORIC CONSERVATION SERVICES, SINCE 1936
For over 70 years, Blackburn Building Conservation LLC has helped clients maintain and conserve their historic structures. Generations of experience with the methods and materials of period artisans enables us to restore original finishes and decorative elements without sacrificing their historic character. We have worked on some of America's most iconic historic buildings, such as The Breakers and Massachusetts State House Library, and hundreds of lesser known but still historically significant structures - - residential and institutional, public and private.
We strive to implement careful, efficient and practical solutions to the problems involved in conserving our built heritage. Most important, our multi-disciplined approach and wide ranging experience enables us to tailor your project to fit within your goals and budget. In all of our work we provide common sense and cost effective solutions to your historic preservation needs.
We are pleased to serve clients thoughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, southern New Hampshire and in eastern New York state. Blackburn Building Conservation LLC offers comprehensive restoration services for:
- DECORATIVE PAINT RESTORATION services including stencil restoration, faux finishes, cleaning, conservation, analysis, touch-up, and color matching of ceiling and wall paintings.
- FINE ART AND MURAL RESTORATION services including conservation, cleaning, and in-painting for works on canvass, ceilings and walls.
- GOLD LEAF RESTORATION services including gold leaf application to decorative paint, stencils, wood and plaster moldings, gilding of weathervanes, clock towers and cupola domes.
- WOOD FINISH RESTORATION AND REFINISHING services including cleaning, conservation, finish analysis, touch up, finish matching and refinishing of shellac, varnish, lacquer, French polish, wax and oil finishes.
- ARCHITECTURAL WOODWORK RESTORATION, including decorative trim restoration, column and capital restoration, epoxy consolidation, dutchman repairs and replication of period millwork.
- WOOD WINDOW RESTORATION services including repair, epoxy consolidation, glass replacement, re-glazing, weather stripping and painting of historic wood window sash.
- CHANDELIERS AND LIGHTING RESTORATION services including repair, cleaning, conservation, re-wiring, refinishing, patination, crystal replacement of chandeliers, sconces and lighting fixtures.
- METAL AND HARDWARE RESTORATION services including bronze, brass and metal restoration, cleaning, conservation, polishing, re-graining, patination and application of protective coatings for bronze brass and iron doors, hardware, ornamental metalwork, balustrades, windows and sculpture.
- DECORATIVE PLASTER RESTORATION services including decorative plaster ceiling and ornament restoration, conservation, repair and replication.
- STONE CONSERVATION and restoration, cleaning and repair, including brick, stone architectural trim, carved stone and sculpture.